Advanced (Chip Level) Laptop
This involves detailed circuit tracing, signal analysis, replacement of SMD devices and all the tips and tricks our service engineers acquired from years of experience. The session makes you confident enough to chip-level service the new generation notebooks from Lenovo, Compaq, HP, Toshiba, Sony and the likes.
Skills you will gain
- How to read Schematics or Block diagram of laptops.
- How to diagnose a fault in Laptop PCB with the help of schematics and Block diagram
- The power supply of different chips VCC core, 5v sus, 3v, 1.5v, 1.8vsus, 5v, 2.5v
- 1st Power stage primary 5v, 3v (Always On) 2nd power stage secondary 2.5v 1.5v 1.8v and 3rd power stage VRM CPU CORE 1.3v
- CPU Core voltage section
- Stand by voltage section
- Chipset voltage section
- Battery charging/Discharging section
- Ram voltage section
- Clock generator section
- Bios chip section
- Testing of electronic components with the multimeter (Resistors, Capacitors, Diode, Inductors Fuse, Transistors, Mosfet & IC’s etc.
- Understanding of Advance Testing and Repairing Tools
- Desktop PCB fault diagnostic
- Laptop PCB fault diagnostic
- Identify each component & IC’s in the Laptop motherboard.
- Using of DC power supply.
- Soldering and DE-soldering practice of IC’s
- Soldering dislodging of USB Port, DC Power connector, FTP Connectors, Ethernet Connectors, and HDMI/DVI/VGA Ports.
- Removing and Inserting Small SMD Components
- Tracing Different Section of Motherboard:
- Chip Level Practical (Using Solder Iron)
- Micro soldering (Proper use of a microscope)