Certified Information Security Manager(CISM)
This course is intended for individuals who manage, design, oversee and assess an enterprises’ information security
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
This is an intensive 5-day CISM exam preparation course. It’s designed for professionals to prepare for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam.
The course focuses on the key major areas covered in the CISM , which includes class lectures, group discussions/activities and exam practice.
The course is designed for individuals with familiarity with and experience in information security management.
While information has become more easily accessible and readily available, the associated risks and security threats have not only increased in number, but also complexity.
As a result, the importance of ensuring that an enterprise’s information is protected has also increased. It is now more important than ever for executives to ensure that their IT security managers have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise
This course is intended for individuals who manage, design, oversee and assess an enterprises’ information security which includes, but is not limited to the following job roles:
• Information security practitioners
• Information security consultants
• Information security managers
• Security professionals, including those aspiring to attain the CISM designation
There are no prerequisite requirements for taking the CISM course or the CISM exam; however, in-order-to apply for the CISM certification, the candidate must meet the following requirements as determined by ISACA:
• Five (5) or more years of experience in information security management
• Waivers are available for a maximum of two (2) years
• Knowledge and understanding of information security architecture and technology
• Previous managerial experience is helpful but not required
On completion of the CISM exam preparation course, delegates will:
• Ensure that an enterprise’s information is protected
• Have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise
• Design, develop, implement and manage an effective security management program
• Establish and maintain an IT governance framework aligned with business objectives
• Identify and manage information security risks
• Have an understanding of the format and structure of the CISM certification exam
• Have knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam
• Practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for taking and passing the exam
Domain 1 – Information Security Governance
Domain 2 – Information Risk Management
Domain 3 – Information Security Program Development and Management
Domain 4 – Information Security Incident Management